From Stefanie... It is starting to get warm here in Texas and the strawberries are ripe and sweet. Here is a favorite recipe of mine that is quick and easy and very refreshing!
Materials/Ingredients: Small melon baller
Pastry bag with star tip (Wilton's 2D)
8 ounce package cream cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract (my favorite is Mexican Vanilla)
Step-by-Step Instructions: 1. Using a mixer on medium speed, combine all of your ingredients together until fluffy.
2. Set aside.
3. Cut the tips off of the strawberries.
4. Cut the tops off of the strawberries.
5. Place the strawberries on their bottoms.
6. Take a small melon baller to scoop out the tops.
7. Fill a pastry bag with the cream cheese mixture.
8. Take a star tip (my favorite is Wilton's 2D which gives a beautiful ruffled look)
9. Pipe into berries until the cream cheese mixture brims over the tops.
Voila! Simple and delicious!
Tutorial & Photography: Anna and Blue Paperie