Scrapbook Paper with fun designs
Fun, decorative ribbon
Spray Adhesive (you can buy this at Michael's or any craft store)
Containers to cover like bud vases, square vases, cylinder vases, empty cans, etc.
Floral foam (optional)
Flowers (any type!)
2. Cut the scrapbook paper into a strip that fits around the container.
3. Spray a thin layer of the spray adhesive onto your scrapbook paper strip on the side you want adhered to your container.
4. Wait one minute for the spray adhesive to get really sticky.
5. Then, carefully adhere the scrapbook paper strip to the container.
6. To add more interest to your covered container, spray measured pieces of ribbon with the spray adhesive and adhere to the container.
7. Then, fill your container about halfway full with water. Cut flower stems at an angle to ensure they get the most water pumping through their stems. For a more hand-picked feel, simply cut the stems and place in the container. For more of a controlled, full look, you can use floral foam. Simply cut the floral foam into a piece that fits snuggly into your container and insert stems into foam.
This method of covering different containers can work for a variety of containers and creates a fun, custom look for each vase covered. Great for bridal showers, centerpieces, place cards, and votives. For larger containers, you can use a fabric covering using the same methods of adhering the fabric. Be bold and be creative!